Welcome to Overhead Door of Akron, your trusted source for all things related to garage door maintenance. As a leading provider of garage doors in the Akron area, we understand the importance of keeping your door in top condition. This guide will provide you with a comprehensive checklist to help you maintain your garage door and ensure its proper functioning for years to come.
Monthly Maintenance Tasks
Monthly maintenance tasks can help prevent more significant issues and keep your garage door functioning properly. Here are some simple yet effective tasks to add to your monthly checklist:
- Inspect the tracks: Check the tracks on either side of your garage door for any debris, dirt, or obstructions. If you notice anything blocking the track, remove it and wipe it clean.
- Lubricate moving parts: Using a silicone-based lubricant, apply a small amount to all the moving parts of your garage door, including hinges, rollers, and springs. This will help prevent friction and keep the parts working smoothly.
- Test safety features: Test the safety features of your garage door, such as photo-eye sensors or auto-reverse function, to ensure they are working properly. If you notice any issues, contact our team at Overhead Door of Akron for assistance.
Quarterly Maintenance Tasks
In addition to monthly tasks, there are certain maintenance tasks that should be performed quarterly. These tasks will help keep your garage door in good condition and prevent any significant problems. Here’s what you should include in your quarterly checklist:
- Check the weather stripping: Look at the weather stripping on the bottom of your garage door and make sure it’s not cracked or damaged. If so, replace it to prevent drafts or water entering your garage.
- Tighten hardware: Over time, the hardware on your garage door can become loose due to constant movement. Use a wrench to tighten any loose nuts, bolts, or screws.
- Test balance: Disconnect the garage door opener and manually open your garage door. It should open smoothly and stay in place when opened halfway. If it doesn’t, it may be unbalanced and require professional adjustment from our team at Overhead Door of Akron.
Annual Maintenance Tasks
In addition to regular monthly and quarterly maintenance tasks, specific tasks should be performed annually to keep your garage door in top condition. These include:
- Replace weather stripping: Over time, the weather stripping on your garage door can become worn out and may need to be replaced. This will help maintain proper insulation and prevent any water or debris from entering your garage.
- Check springs and cables: It’s essential to have a professional from Overhead Door of Akron inspect and potentially replace your garage door’s springs and cables. These are under high tension and can be dangerous to handle without proper training.
- Schedule a professional inspection: At least once a year, it’s recommended to schedule a professional inspection of your garage door with our team at Overhead Door of Akron. This will help catch any potential issues before they become significant problems.
Regular maintenance is crucial for keeping your garage door in top condition and avoiding any unexpected breakdowns. Following our comprehensive checklist ensures that your garage door will continue functioning correctly for years. Remember, if you ever encounter any issues with your garage door, don’t hesitate to contact the experts at Overhead Door of Akron for assistance. We are here to help keep your garage door in tip-top shape!